Walking to work on a regular basis is a great way of getting fit and saving money too.
As the cost of commuting rises along with congestion and parking problems, driving to work is becoming more of a stressful daily ordeal. Walking is free and will help you to stay healthy, live longer and improve your wellbeing.
- It’s free and can save thousands of pounds a year in travel costs.
- It’s convenient and easy to combine with using the bus or train.
- It’s sociable plan walks with your children to school or planning leisure walks in your area, for healthy quality time with family and friends.
- Why not join or create a walking group? click here for inspiration!
- Plan your walk with walkit.com
- Kit yourself out with comfortable shoes, waterproof coat and an umbrella
- Improve your health by walking as it helps to reduce stress, lower blood pressure and can reduce the risk of heart disease and some cancers
- Manage your weight with a gentle stroll – a 60kg person burns 75 calories in just 30 minutes!
Walkit.com is an online walking journey planner designed to help plan your journey and provide you with useful information on how many calories you will burn. It will plan journey times at three different walking speeds and can also plan direct, less-busy routes and step-free routes.
For more information visit walkit.com/stoke-on-trent