The Travel Smart website has brought together advice, information and free interactive online tools. These services can help you to plan your journeys, reduce the cost of travel and help to reduce carbon emissions in North Staffordshire.
How to Travel Smart
- Interested in car sharing but don’t know where to start?
- Thinking about using the bus but don’t know where to get information from?
Click on the mode of transport of your choice, to see hints and tips to improving your current journeys as well as accessing the latest information, maps and journey planners.
Plan your journey
- I would like to cycle to work but how do I get there and where is my nearest cycle route?
- I’m visiting the area, how do I get to the city centre from Stoke-on-Trent Rail Station?
Travel Smart has brought together interactive tools that can plot attractive and high quality routes that connect key locations across the city. Why not leave the car at home and explore the vast network of bus, cycle, train and walking routes across Stoke-on-Trent, Newcastle-under-Lyme and North Staffordshire. These options are an easy way we can all contribute towards a cleaner, greener and safer environment. Get fit, save money, and get to know your local area
Not only will congestion at peak times make staff late for work, heavy traffic can also have a financial impact on businesses. It can effect productivity, the ability to meet deadlines and the reliability of distribution. By encouraging your workforce to Travel Smart, it can help to:
- Reduce the number of parking spaces your staff require
- Ease parking hassles for visitors and potential clients and improve access to your site
- Improve your employee reliability and productivity
- Meet distribution deadlines
- Reduce your carbon footprint
- Enhance your organisation’s environmental image and contribute to CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) Policies